Here at St Andrew's Church School, we take such pride in enabling children to be motivated, resilient, life-long learners, who are confident, have high self esteem, respect themselves and others and are able to grow spiritually and morally.
Aims for Children
St Andrew’s Church School enables children to:
- Grow as resilient, life-long learners with confidence to explore their potential
- Gain deep knowledge and skills in all areas of the curriculum
- Are confident, safe and creative users of digital information
- Develop enquiring minds and independence of thought
- Are able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Can express themselves confidently and listen respectfully to the views of others
- Welcome challenge and are prepared to learn and grow from all experiences
- Respect themselves, others and the environment
- Develop a sense of identity within our globally diverse community
- Flourish spiritually and morally, focusing on our core values of Hope, Friendship, Love, Justice, Peace, Courage and Creativity.
Mission for the school
- A broad and balanced curriculum that promotes intellectual, spiritual, creative, physical, social, moral and personal development in a changing world
- Inspirational and responsive teaching, and facilitation of learning and creativity for the whole child
- A safe, nurturing, enabling and inclusive environment
- An awareness of and connectivity with the wider digital world
- A wide range of learning and engagement opportunities within our community, neighbourhood, city and beyond
- A caring community through a culture of mutual respect, confidence and celebration
- An opportunity to grow understanding of God through collective worship, prayer and reflection, where Christian values are embedded, and other faith traditions are respected
- A learning partnership with home, church and the wider world.
Learning for Living – Life in all its Fullness